Since having kids, reading has been one of the many things I wish I had more time to do in my day-to-day. This past year, I happened upon the Back to the Classics Challenge on Books and Chocolate. Because it was too late to try and be a part of the action in 2016, I decided the next year, 2017, would be my year to start the challenge.
This is no ordinary book challenge either. It is a classic book challenge and I am so excited to finally have a push to read those classics that have been on my “to read” list for what seems like forever!
Motivation through a challenge is hopefully what will make it happen this coming year!
So here are the categories and books I am planning to read over the next year. I’ll be blogging about them as I finish them so you can have a chance to hear my take on the books and a nice discussion can begin!
Without further ado…
Back to the Classics Challenge 2017 books are:
1. A 19th Century Classic Sense and Sensibility
2. A 20th Century Classic Old Man and the Sea
3. A classic by a woman author.
Emma The Incredible Journey
4. A classic in translation. The Count of Monte Cristo
5. A classic published before 1800. Gulliver’s Travels
6. An romance classic. Wuthering Heights
7. A Gothic or horror classic. Jane Eyre
8. A classic with a number in the title. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – review here
9. A classic about an animal or which includes the name of an animal in the title. Moby Dick
10. A classic set in a place you’d like to visit. A Room With a View
11. An award-winning classic. To Kill a Mockingbird – review here
12. A Russian Classic. War and Peace
I’m excited to begin this challenge! If you would like to join in, you can read the complete rules and information here on the Books and Chocolate Blog.
I’d love to hear your must read classic books. Leave a comment below with your very favorite and I may just add it to me “to read” list!